SERVER DOWNTIME - THURSDAY 28th OCT

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

SERVER DOWNTIME - THURSDAY 28th OCT

Post by BigRy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

We will be conducting essential maintenance on our Virtual Server platform in the early hours of Thursday 28th October

We have been working closely with our core infrastructure providers‚ Dell and Microsoft‚ to ensure that we are optimising levels of performance and strengthening the long term stability on our Virtual Server platform. As a result of our detailed review we are preparing to implement several recommended upgrades to our Virtual Server storage solution.

We expect these works to be non-disruptive in the ordinary course of business‚ however, past experience has proven that we should make sure you are fully aware of our plans and that we advise you that there is a risk of some downtime during the stated window. In order to prevent the risk of unscheduled shutdown to servers operating on the platform during this period we recommend that you consider cleanly closing critical applications prior to the maintenance window and restart them once the window has closed.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you‚ but assure you we are making this decision to strengthen our offering and enhance both stability and performance.

This will mean the server being off from 11pm till approx 8am

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: SERVER DOWNTIME - THURSDAY 28th OCT

Post by Mr Smith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Looks like an early night for me on Thursday night,
and a lie in on Friday morning. :D
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by BigRy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 pm

its the other way round for me :-) :lol:

Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 pm

I want credits added to the number of posts that I make on this site for past and any future time lost when I could have made many posts to my friends. Thanking you of and for your cooperation this matter.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

bump

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”