PARKING IN SOUTHTYNESIDE & SOUTH SHIELDS

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

PARKING IN SOUTHTYNESIDE & SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by parkingpatrol »

Looking for support in opposing the parking policy of the current Labout Council cabinet. There have been so many complaints over the current APCOA private company running the patrols and issuing tickets like demented ants at a picnic. Now the council has come up with another scheme to extract more cash from us by charging to park outside your own front door. If they get us to accept this policy it will not guarantee us a space to park in. So we will be paying for the benifit of being victomised by our own council. This Parking Scheme will have to declaired when selling your home and may have a detrimental effect on the value you are able to attain for it. So this will in effect devalue your assets for NO COPENSATION FROM COUNCIL AND AND ARE GOING GET CHARGED YOU FOR THE PRIVILAGE. PLEASE HELP TO STOP THIS NOW. Do not hesitate to get in touch with me so we can stop this now.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: PARKING IN SOUTHTYNESIDE & SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by champion. »

Parking's not a problem for me, i drive a fork-lift truck :lol: :wink:

PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl »

Personally I think all parking in Shields town centre should be free. The Council bang on so much about bringing tourism to the area but charge stupid amounts to park.

I think the idea of parking for 1p per minute is good cos it was very annoying when you only wanted to pop to one shop to get something and it took 10 mins but you have to pay approx £1 for an hour.

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

partygirl
he is talking about resident parking
where a resident has to pay £50 to park a car outside your own house
and if you have another car or company van,you will have to pay a lot more

i heard that the carparking was coming back in house with the council
not sure tho

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

talbot road is on the list next, to stop people parking for free when going to the hospital, PURE GREED

PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl »

jimmywizz wrote:talbot road is on the list next, to stop people parking for free when going to the hospital, PURE GREED
Thats another thing that annoys me - having to pay to go to the hospital!! I mean seriosuly? When my grandfather was in hospital I parked there 5 days a week between May and August and it cost me a fortune. I think its wrong

german john
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by german john »

Its not just hospital parking their using to fleece everyone.Have you tried to phone a sick relative in hospital using their bedside phones.They use some of the most expensive premium rate numbers available to extract every last penny they can.I noticed when the old store closed the car park which takes up a massive space inside the town centre was immediately cordoned off.This has all been government instructioned policy to Labour councils throughout England since 1997 and the only way to change what they are doing is to vote them out.It is unbelievable how many of these private parking attendants are walking around the centre at present looking as tho their working on some kind of bonus scheme.
GERMAN JOHN

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

Parking charges is not just going to be limited to the town centre streets and streets with a parking problem. It is going to be widespread across the whole town. In Bamburgh Avenue we do not and never have had a parking problem yet it has been put forward as for a resident parking scheme.
I can understand the frustration that people have not to be able to park outside their own front door. When the free residents parking scheme was introduced everybody welcomed it as you would do. the council are now saying that if you do not pay then they will totally take away the free parking scheme. This is blackmail, you either pay for it or lose it.
Everybody should refuse any change in the existing residents parking scheme but there will always be some idiots who will pay up. If it is put to the vote? Well everybody knows what the result of that will be.

Chester le Street town centre parking £1.10 all day
Sunderland 50p an hour.
comeonthen

PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl »

I dont fanrcy paying to park in my own street outside my own house

there is someone in my street who has 3 vehicles (single person in the house) so i can hardly get parked outside my own door most the time

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

I have noticed that the Grotto car park now has a parking meter. Is this not a pub car park or is it a sign that other pubs car parks will be charged for?
What is best for this town having loads of tourists or making money out of parking meters.
I always thought that parking charges in car parks was for the upkeep of the parking area. this council just flattens a bit of land and stick a meter on it. In the old days you paid to park and you had a parking attendant looking after your car and if it got damaged you could claim compensation.
We should have the right to see how much money these car parks generate and how much money is spent on their upkeep. Painting parking spaces every ten years should not cost that much. If they were free then they would not have to pay for a traffic warden. Where is the money going?
comeonthen

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by parkingpatrol »

Thanks folks for your replies I hope we are starting some kind of movement here to get rid of this extorsion from the council chamber. please continue to comment on this subject and inform your friends to oppose any move to increase the number of parking scheme's in Southtyneside, I have been informed that they intend to cover the whole of south tyneside with about 100 schemes if we let them get away with it. KEEP EM COMING. iF YOU WISH TO TALK ABOUT THIS PLEASE SEND ME E-MAIL. ADDY.

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by parkingpatrol »

HERE IS A LITTLE HUMOUR
Getting A Parking Ticket
The other day I went downtown to run a few errands. I went into the local coffee shop for a snack. I was only there for about 5 minutes, and when I came out, there was this cop writing out a parking ticket. I said to him, 'Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break'?

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. His insensitivity annoyed me, so I called him a 'Nazi.' He glared at me and then wrote out another ticket for having worn tires. So I proceeded to call him a 'doughnut eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he wrote a third ticket when I called him a moron in blue.. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I talked back to him the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't really care. I came downtown on the bus, and the car that he was putting the tickets on had one of those bumper sticker that said, ' Obama '08.'

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. The doctor tells
me that it's important for my health.

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by parkingpatrol »

I think this government has past its sell by date, we bail out the banks so their execs can live like kings. We let the MP screw us for every cent they can. If we keep getting screwed like this next action to pay to park @ work or outside our own front door. The next move will be a toilet tax and the number of times we squat.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

I was in Jarrow yesterday and i saw that traffic warden that rides round on a scooter trying to give a parking ticket to a car that was parked next to the town hall..he was mucking about with his machine, while he was doing that a man and woman just calmly got in their car and drove off before he could attach it to the windscreen...good to watch like....Traffic Warden 0 Joe public 1..RESULT :lol: :wink:

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

What I think is the biggest scandal is the amount of money they charge for parking at a Hospital.

What I find also amazing is that it's free in Scotland and Wales.

Also Presciption Charges.
I always value Pilots wit and input

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by parkingpatrol »

Now comes our chance to show the Labour council. they have squeezed us for the last time, use your vote on Thursday and vote out parking charges outside our front doors. They have followed their party and left the voters of South Shields wishes in the basement with the voting papers that went missing. Now is time to pay for ignoring us, THE VOTERS OF SHIELDS.

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

hate to say this but when they print the election leaflets around here there is only one party printed on it :roll:

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

So does it seem likely that Milliband is going to get in after the 6th ?

Will the North East be doing a Eurovision and vote for who it ususally votes for?

parkingpatrol
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by parkingpatrol »

Is Mr Brown parking at No 10 then we should be charging him a parking FEE

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by memor »

I take it Milliband got in.

Looks like Shields MP could be next leader of the Labour Party. GOOD or BAD ???

If Cameron and Clegg play their cards right they could be in power for a very long time, providing they dont bash each other with their handbags

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”