MURDERS IN SOUTH SHIELDS

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Angie

Re: MURDERS IN SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by Angie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh that's not good, do you know the story behind it ?

johnc10
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by johnc10 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:38 pm

It's just been on the BBC news saying his name is Deka Kennedy, I went
past there this morning on my way to pick up one of the kids and
Frederick Street was closed off :(

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Dont know the details yet...I got a couple of text messages this morning.Shocked is not the word.

Angie

Post by Angie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Sorry to here that Champ :(

brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Sorry to here that M8.

Not very nice at all.

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!

Barney
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Barney » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Aye - commiserations, champ.

It's not nice to lose a friend so early, I know.
The Wild Witch-Wizard of Whiteleas
Was a changeling's son from Mars.
He learnt his songs
From the Cosmic Throngs
And played them on a Fender guitar - Oh yeah.

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 pm

johnc10
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by johnc10 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Sorry about your loss Champ.

Just read the article there, sounds like a gent helping a lady out :(

Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

come on then wrote:
Jarrow Pete wrote: I do not like people that come on these boards and attempt to decieve fellow posters. A few of us know who you are.
I think a hell of a lot more than a few know who I am. If anybody had asked me what my name was I would not have denied it, unlike other people. I pride myself on my honesty and integrity. A lot worse has been said on these boards than I have ever said. All I ask of people is that if you don’t know me then, please, don’t judge me.
Comeonthen.
A hell of a lot more than a few know what he's like as well.

As for honesty and integrity he has no concept of that whatsoever, when I phoned him about what he had wrote about me, he denied it, said it wasn't him and threatened to call the police because he said I was threatening him. How honest is that then? Don't forget he told Baldy he was 6ft 4ins and 18stone.

I think it's easy to judge him, he's a lying nasty little man with a chip on his shoulder and a mean streak in him a mile wide.

StottieCake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by StottieCake » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 am

Decka Kennedy was a good guy and I was sad to hear that he passed on. He stood up for what is right and my thoughts go out to his family :(

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

[quote="Cisco
A hell of a lot more than a few know what he's like as well.
As for honesty and integrity he has no concept of that whatsoever, when I phoned him about what he had wrote about me, he denied it, said it wasn't him and threatened to call the police because he said I was threatening him. How honest is that then? Don't forget he told Baldy he was 6ft 4ins and 18stone.
I think it's easy to judge him, he's a lying nasty little man with a chip on his shoulder and a mean streak in him a mile wide.[/quote]

I seem to have my own personal censor, aren't I lucky?
I am not going to use these boards for a slanging match Cisco knows who tells the truth. Watch out for my family book. It will contain the truth and if anybody does not like it then sue me if they dare. It's about time the truth was known as I am sick and tired of taking all the blame. Those who blindly stand by him may feel betrayed later. If anybody wants advance copies let me know. that's all I have to say on the matter.
comeonthen

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 am

sorry to hear your sad news Champ ,,, :rose:

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 am

comeonthen wrote: I seem to have my own personal censor, aren't I lucky?
I am not going to use these boards for a slanging match Cisco knows who tells the truth. Watch out for my family book. It will contain the truth and if anybody does not like it then sue me if they dare. It's about time the truth was known as I am sick and tired of taking all the blame. Those who blindly stand by him may feel betrayed later. If anybody wants advance copies let me know. that's all I have to say on the matter.
comeonthen
Comeonthen,i havent a clue what you or the book is about ,but i am entitled to have an oppinion ,as you have posted it on the boards .....but no matter what me or my family have gone thru ,i would never put it into words in a book to go on sale for all to see .....family matters are a private affair ,and to be honest ,who realy cares enough to buy your book ,un less your a famous celebrity,then the public would be intrested,but just being an avarage joe ,like the rest of us ,i wouldnt expect it to be a best seller ..?
anybody does not like it then sue me if they dare.
them are strong words , but not strong enough if somebody wanted to sue you

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 am

Comeonthen,i havent a clue what you or the book is about ,but i am entitled to have an oppinion ,as you have posted it on the boards .....but no matter what me or my family have gone thru ,i would never put it into words in a book to go on sale for all to see .....family matters are a private affair ,and to be honest ,who realy cares enough to buy your book ,un less your a famous celebrity,then the public would be intrested,but just being an avarage joe ,like the rest of us ,i wouldnt expect it to be a best seller ..?
anybody does not like it then sue me if they dare.
them are strong words , but not strong enough if somebody wanted to sue you [/quote]

Every one is entitled to an opinion anna. In answer to yours there are lots and lots of books out there by ordinary people recounting their lives. I agree that if the book is just a everyday story about family life then the only people that would be interested in reading it would be future ancestors. I have said on another thread that I actively encourage people to write their life stories for future generations, to put information on the back of family photos. These can be treasured memories for the future. The only thing I say is that the book must be the truth as it would be pointless to do otherwise because then you will be changing history.

I have had a few books published, the available ones can be seen on amazon.com. The current book that I am writing and half way through is taking a lot of thought and trauma from myself. It is not a hang out the dirty washing book but a biography of growing up from the fifties to the present day. My publisher has shown a lot of interest in it already. I think I have some contribution to make to all the people out there who may have suffered the same as me. Books like mine can help. Just look at the bookshelves in your local bookshop. They have hundreds of like books. I have been advised that if I tell the truth that I can't be sued.

I would like to be a famous best-selling author, but I doubt I ever will, who knows. In the meantime I write what I think people would like to read.

I run a writers group called ‘The Bronte’s Write Hand’ to give advice on writing. If anbody is interested give me a line.
comeonthen

StottieCake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by StottieCake » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Did you write "Murder & Misdeameanour" Comeonthen?

I found an uncle (ancestor) slit his own throat "from ear to ear" when he came home p*ssed again one night (just before 1900)- I bet it was auntie wot did it!........recorded suicide and reported in a local newspaper :?

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 pm

I have had a few books published, the available ones can be seen on amazon.com. The current book that I am writing and half way through is taking a lot of thought and trauma from myself. It is not a hang out the dirty washing book but a biography of growing up from the fifties to the present day. My publisher has shown a lot of interest in it already. I think I have some contribution to make to all the people out there who may have suffered the same as me. Books like mine can help.
right ,i understand a bit more now ,,its just you didnt say that in the post above ,,,,
thanks for explaining ...

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:00 pm

StottieCake wrote:Did you write "Murder & Misdeameanour" Comeonthen?

I found an uncle (ancestor) slit his own throat "from ear to ear" when he came home p*ssed again one night (just before 1900)- I bet it was auntie wot did it!........recorded suicide and reported in a local newspaper :?
The above book was a reprint of the book South Shields Crimes and Mysteries that was published in 2000. Due to demand it was republished under the title "South Shields Murders & Misdeameanours" with extra stories added. Included in both books were crime and murder from 1900 to about 1929. If your ancestor died before 1900 then it will not be in the book.
During research for the book I found that a lot of suicides were very suspect, but in those days nobody bothered to much with investigating the poor. When I finish the project I am on now I would like to write a book on everyday life amongst the poor and destitute of South Shields from 1900 to about 1930. I would like it to be a hard hiting one showing the dark side of our ancestors lives. Maybe we can then appreciate what we have now.
comeonthen

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 pm

anna wrote:I have had a few books published, the available ones can be seen on amazon.com. The current book that I am writing and half way through is taking a lot of thought and trauma from myself. It is not a hang out the dirty washing book but a biography of growing up from the fifties to the present day. My publisher has shown a lot of interest in it already. I think I have some contribution to make to all the people out there who may have suffered the same as me. Books like mine can help.
right ,i understand a bit more now ,,its just you didnt say that in the post above ,,,,
thanks for explaining ...
anna if it will help somebody then it will have been worthwhile.
comeonthen

denis
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by denis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm

When i worked at BRIGHAMS as a plumber in the 50s one of the jobs we did was to put heating pipes in those oil tanks near the groyne.

CateyJane
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by CateyJane » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi,
I'm a student on the Drama and Scriptwriting course at Northumbria University and for an assessment I've been asked to write a play about something that has happened locally as a hypothetical commission for the 'Live!' theatre.
I asked my Mam about the local history of South Shields and she mentioned the Torso in the Tank story. She also mentioned that the man convicted might not be guilty. The play only has to be 20 minutes long so I don't want to have too many scene changes. The story really interested me so I googled it and stumbled across this thread. There doesn't seem to be much more information on the internet about the case so it would be great if any of you could help me out. I've never written about a true story before and I'm only just starting my research at the minute. If it turns out to be a good enough script I am going to adapt it to become a short film. I don't mean to offend anybody by writing it and of course I won't use real names.
Things like the minutes to the trial would be great... assuming you can :? and if anyone knows if that programme made about it is still knocking around??

thanks guys and girls
Catey x

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”