Post by sless » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am

is that what "get carter" story was about

baldy.smith

Re: MURDERS IN SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:48 am

sless wrote:is that what "get carter" story was about
dunno

but "Get Carter" was about organised crime in the North East

The Luvalgio Organisation operated from Sunderland.

8)

rusty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rusty » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:56 am

Globalmyth we must be the same age born 1939 ?

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 pm

rusty wrote:Globalmyth we must be the same age born 1939 ?
He was born in March 1939, I think.

But he had nothing to do with the murders. :D

I'm older than Global. :wink:

8)

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:47 pm

The guy that found Sibbets body was my colliery overman at Westoe, he used to live in South Hetton at the time and was making his way to work when he found the body in the car :shock:

cheers.

gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Gag, did you know Ronnie Adams who worked at Westoe Colliery?

8)

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Hello Dave, yes I remember Ronnie Adams, wasnt he employed as a waylayer at Westoe mate ?

cheers.

gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello again Dave ! Ronnie Adams wasnt a waylayer as I thought, I can picture him now. Correct me if im wrong but didnt his son, Tony, lose his life in a motorbike crash at Whitburn ?

cheers.

gag.

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 pm

gag wrote:Hello again Dave ! Ronnie Adams wasnt a waylayer as I thought, I can picture him now. Correct me if im wrong but didnt his son, Tony, lose his life in a motorbike crash at Whitburn ?
cheers.
gag.
I don't know about the gag. I knew him because he was a member of the bodybuilding
club I used to run, he still trains today and is now in his late sixties, still lives in Shields.

Here is a photo I took of him at my 70th birthday party. He's changed a lot since I first
knew him, but there again; who hasn't.

8)

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Spot on Dave. Ronnie always liked to keep himself fit and by bthe look of him now, its paid off !

cheers.

gag.

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm

gag wrote:Spot on Dave. Ronnie always liked to keep himself fit and by bthe look of him now, its paid off !
cheers.
gag.
When I first met him, he spent more time off work sick than he was at work. He was a chronic asthmatic,
after I had been training him for about six months he was back at work and losing no time due to his asthma.
I think he eventually fully recovered from it, he was a regular competitor in local bodybuilding contests, with
some success.

8)

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:45 pm

gag wrote:Hello again Dave ! Ronnie Adams wasnt a waylayer as I thought, I can picture him now. Correct me if im wrong but didnt his son, Tony, lose his life in a motorbike crash at Whitburn ?

cheers.

gag.
i used to hang around with adds when he died
he had just been to agphil tools in boldon(next to sleepers)
he had his bike stand plastic coated,he put it in his jacket and was killed a few minutes later on the corner of whitburn rd(next to gordon durhams)
that was a very sad time for all the lads

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:36 pm

just been talking to one of my mates tonight
its adds's memory today
could be 27 years

gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Sless mate, 27 years eh !. Adds was working with me at the time at Westoe. He had been going mad for a bike for a while and told me that he had arranged the finance for a Suzuki X7, (A popular beginners bike at the time). A few days later, I was off work and doing a spot of decorating when the Wife came through to the kitchen and told me that there was a lad at the front door asking for me. I went through and Adds was sitting astride his new bike. I had a look at it for him and told him to be very careful until he had gained a bit more experience on the roads. Off he went as happy as Larry. The following day, I was on afternoon shift at the pit and the lad getting ready to go underground who used the locker next to mine told me that he had heard a rumour and hoped it wasnt true. The rumour being that Adds had been killed whilst riding the bike. My brother was a mechanic for the Police at the time and he later told me that there was very little damage to the bike itself but poor Adds had paid the price. Such as sad loss of a young life and he was a great lad to know. I still remember him to this day.

cheers.

gag.

malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Post by malaymac » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:51 am

Hi Gag, hi Sless. That's a very sad story and a terrible loss at such a young age.

I remember something very similar happening to a lad who used to live near the Rose and Crown on Prince Edward Road.
When he died it was a big shock and the funeral was very emotional for his family and friends. His parents had his favourite song
Deep Purples's child in time played and amazingly, the words seemed to be so appropriate for the sad occassion.

soaina1997
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by soaina1997 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:22 pm

the young girl who was stabbed in mowbray road was my dads cousin, she was on her way to her friends when it happened. the man had had an argument with his mother and ran out the house saying he would kill the first girl he saw, His mum called the police straight away as i believe he had mental health problems.
He was charged with her murder but did not get very long. I think he went back to live at his mums when he got out and only died last year.
he lived just off mowbray road.

darin69
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by darin69 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 am

I know this case where the body of a 16 year old girl was found in the oil tank in south shields it was my uncil that found the body michael mallenby in june 1980 she had been missing for 10 and a half year she went missing in january 1969 I have copies of the case files on this case

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”