Drivers and mobiles

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Drivers and mobiles

Post by Jake »

I dont know about you lot but i cannot wait for the 1st December when the law comes into effect about driving while using the phone it is a disgrace that these morons who do drive while talking get away with it,
but will the law be enforcable or will these idiots just do what they do when speeding they know where the cameras are slow down and then speed off when they are past.

Well i am going to do my bit in stopping them when i am driving my bus and i see a driver using a mobile i will bump them, just a slight accident but because they are using the phone they are commiting an offence so the accident is there fault and i will then advise any passengers i have on the bus at the time to contact a no win no fee solicitor to sue the driver for any injuries they might have real or not.

So the idiot driver will be sued my passengers will make some money the solicitors will make money and i will be one happy bus driver.

Roll on the 1st and watch out you ignorant drivers.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

ROFL I get this insane image of driving in Britain. Buses racing around going 'bump' to all the rule breakers. It has been the law here for ages that you shouldn't drive while on a mobile (unless it is a hands free set) but that doesn't stop some drivers. I did hear of one driver getting a fine though, for putting on lipstick or some such thing, though she was stationary at the time. So if you get caught here, you do get the fine.
By the way, if you lot know where the cameras are, then you are very lucky. We don't. There are dozens hidden in all sorts of places and a lot of them are mobile. So it is possible to lose your licence in one afternoon, with an accumulation of fines, if you aren't careful.Also, now get this. Just say you run a red light-you would get a fine, right? Well-here, it has been decided you get two separate fines-one for the light, one for speeding. Fines are usually about $150 minimim each. Happy driving. Watch out for jake, the guardian of your morals.

danet

Post by danet »

It's called "road rage" here jake...ever heard of it?
Anyway, the fines here in the land of OZ, if we get caught using a mobile phone while driving is approx AU$260, but it looks like most would be law-breakers in your merry ole England will have to be on the lookout for angry bus drivers instead of the cops it seems...lol!
Now, I don't mean to spoil your little plan going on inside of that head of yours jake, but what REALLY could happen is this....you bump into the car, he/she drops the phone to get a grip of the steering wheel for control while saying ...."what the f...." and in the meantime, no-one else has seen this person on the mobile phone 'cept you of course.
So it will be your word against theirs, coz your passengers would be either day-dreaming, napping, talking, reading, or just gazing out the window at the horizon.
What other motorists will have seen and will testify to is that a bus seemed to have lost its pathway, and swerved into the next lane into a car that was innocently driving along.
Then you will be cross-examined if you fell asleep at the wheel, or lost consciousness or something.
It's never that simple as our minds would have us believe.
You know something....it might even be a lawyer you run into whose dad just so happens to be the judge at that court you will have to appear in.
Maybe you ought to just honk the horn and give them some hand gesture or some sort.
And Sherri is correct.....we have police cars snuggled in amongst little nooks & crannies, and hide-aways behind bushes, trees, driveways etc, with their speed camera pointed in your direction. At any place, at anytime.
Last night, about 10.00 pm, the police pulled over every car beside their booze bus, to do a breathaliser.
3 cars were pulled up off the road because of being over the legal limit with the alcohol reading, with the drivers having to find another way home. They will have to go to court, probably lose their licence, and get a hefty fine as well. Those days of a last drink with "one for the road" are long long gone.
The slogan here is that if you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot.
What type of slogans are advertised in your country, and what do the police do in England for drunk drivers or speedsters?
Is it as tough as here in Oz?
With our open country roads etc, they make a fortune out of us......
Even if you are doing 64 kph in a 60 zone.....you're booked.
And the speed limit is being lowered all the time most places, like what used to be a good 70 kph with no dramas, is now a seemingly slow 60 kph.
It's all about revenue raising....that's what we reckon anyway.

Rattler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Rattler »

Jake

Route Number
Bus Number
Time

I will be there to ride as shotgun and we can bump a few/ claim a wadge /(of cash)
and have a bumpingly grand time.

Bags I get to bump the 4X4s.
Absence doe's not make the heart grow FONDER

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Well What can one say to one stupid bus driver, You don’t own the road, you use it like everyone else, what you have done to people when you have been on the road, you should have had your licence took off you for life. I will tell you this Jaky if you hit anyone no matter how little. 90% of the time it’s the drivers fault that goes into the other vehicle, just in case you did not know that, obviously you did not. When you are out looking for drivers using phones, what are you doing with the rest of the road, such as pedestrians or do they not count. Just in case you did not know it is also illegal for drivers to eat, to drink, and to smoke while driving, so are you going to ram these people also. To all you drivers in Shields, when either taking a drink having a sweet, or taking a quick smoke, before you do any of these things have a good look out, to see if Jake the snake in his bus is about.>>> 8)

Rattler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Rattler »

Jake mate

Ruffled a few feathers u have!!!!!!!

Mobile users while driving by the colour of it.

90% of the time jake its your fault????? the other 10% its good aiming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

danet

Post by danet »

Ah Rattler....I take it you're a train driver then?
I love your piccy too, I still need to find a piccy I like.

And yes Rattler......you are right basically, that absence does not make the heart grow fonder....it probably makes it go wander!

Oh...... excuse me, my mobile phone is ringing.......

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz »

danet rattler gets his name from the fact that shields used to have one of the smallest railways in the world called the marsden rattler, infact on our sea front someone bought an old railway carriage and turned it into a pub and it stands on the route of the old rattler track

average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

drivers mobiles

Post by average len »

Yup, and i hope the law against driving while using a mobile will be applied to cyclists, too. They yap away as they ride too. (If they're not eating a kebab, cruising with no hands, drinking from a can, and so on.)

'Bout time these yobs were put in their place.

Rattler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Rattler »

jimmywizz CORRECT almost!

But with fear of ageism from the youth on site

I used to play on the MARSDEN RATTLER when it worked between the lime kilns at Marsden and Westoe Colliery.

One of the things we did as kids was we used to put old pennies on the line and let the train flatten them and when we ran alongside the train the fireman would try to hit us with hot embers from the firebox or exhaust steam from the driving cylinders. He would be prosecuted now. Good fun at the time.

Danet not a train driver but have always been interested in all forms of propulsion/engines.

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Dont talk to me about car bumping.
My friend Gino he courting girl in lay by.
It dark, another car pull in.
Girlfriend have to go to hospital to have nipple sewn back on.
We say phew Gino lucky it could have been much worse.
Think about it.
Memor

danet

Post by danet »

Memor......Yeeeuck....you have to be joking.....surely?

Rattler.....I could just imagine these red hot embers being thrown at you boys for fun, and you would have been quick witted, so I am sure they never hit or burnt you....am I right? I hope not anyway hehe
But......you are correct, no-one can get away with anything outlandish like that these days. We are currently discussing about the differences in society now for our children as to when we were kids on another discussion board.
You are most welcomed to come and join in our Aussie site if you or anyone wishes....but be warned, there are various topics of all sorts, including the odd blue or two. And to think most of the folks on our board are mature age too....LOL!! So...come abroad and come on board :)

http://www.austarnet.com.au/msgboard/default.asp?...

....excuse me again, my mobile phone is ringing........ :wink:

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

It true. It really did happen.
Gino really lucky guy.

Return to “South Shields General Notice Board”