Goffy, Tony Horne... who was/is the best?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

StephenGallagher
Big Gob
Big Gob

Goffy, Tony Horne... who was/is the best?

Post by StephenGallagher »

At work today, we've been talking about radio presenters past & present and discussed who we liked best.

A personal favourite of mine was Goffy in the morning. Anyone remember Goffy's wind ups?

I'm not a fan of the current style wind ups... you know, the disturbing ones about ill health etc. I find they just wind me up rather than make me laugh.

Anyone know where Goffy is at the moment? I know he left Century & Metro a little while ago but its been a while. Is it time we got him back to brighten up our drive to the office each morning?
bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Goffy, Tony Horne... who was/is the best?

Post by bamboo »

StephenGallagher wrote:At work today, we've been talking about radio presenters past & present and discussed who we liked best.

A personal favourite of mine was Goffy in the morning. Anyone remember Goffy's wind ups?

I'm not a fan of the current style wind ups... you know, the disturbing ones about ill health etc. I find they just wind me up rather than make me laugh.

Anyone know where Goffy is at the moment? I know he left Century & Metro a little while ago but its been a while. Is it time we got him back to brighten up our drive to the office each morning?
its goffy for me,i no rick haughton he replaced tony on the breakfast show the first time he left metro
back by popular demand
Derekftm
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Derekftm »

Tony Horne for me

I think Anna Foster is an excellent presenter
and also with the dogsbodies make an all round good show

the pillock that takes over from h*rney whwn he is on holiday is a dipstick tho
dunno his name, dont want to know it
Holderite
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Holderite »

Terry Wogan!! I only listen to Metro in the morning if I have to for the traffic. Otherwise it's the sleepy network all the way for me.

Tony Horne is o.k. in small doses. But not everyone is interested in listening to debates about Corrie, I'm a celebrity big brother or karioke-dancing on-ice-ring-in-and-waste-a-quid TV so it can get a bit like the radio equivalent to the Daily Star at times.
There’s no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.