Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

GLOBAL WARMING BLOOMIN PHOOEY

Post by memor »

I not believe what a rotten Bank Holiday its been.

Down here it's known how nice and warm it gets.

But yesterday was BLOOMIN FREEZING. I never known a May like this one.

And before some crack pot says in a simpering voice

"But this is how Global warming manifests itself with changeable weather."

BRITISH WEATHER HAS ALWAYS BEEN BLOOMIN CHANGEABLE.

This is not what the crackpots have been saying they've been saying how its going to get warm and less rain.

LESS RAIN !!!!!!!! On the Isle of White they had a whole months rain in TWELVE HOURS !!!!

This has got to be the wettest, coldest May on record.

What a Bummer.
I always value Pilots wit and input
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

POST TOPIC

Post by Globalmyths »

memor wrote:

"But this is how Global warming manifests itself with changeable weather".

I agree with you there memor as that excuse is the weakest and most pathetic excuse they use when asked why its freezing in parts of the world when they in the same breath claim its a slow progress but another idiot will say like they did in Australia that Global warming is taking place so fast its now 30 years ahead of schedule and that the Great Barrier Reef will be non existant in a few short years.
padlock man
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by padlock man »

But I have a question for those who don't believe in man-made global warming.
All that carbon we're producing - what's happening to it?
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Send some of that rain over here please. We haven't had a drop for about 6 weeks now!
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Padlock

It gets turned into plants and trees.
I always value Pilots wit and input
Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty »

Well, I know you folks are having a lousy May, but we're having July and August temps already here and we're in the north. We had a green Christmas and no snow til January, which is almost unheard of here. Snow by late October or early November is the rule, not the exception.

When I was a kid, we had 1-3 major blizzards each Winter, resulting in 2-3 feet snow snow at a time. It's been more than a decade since that happened.

It's 87F right now, which I think is about 30C. I can't wait til the dog days of July and August. :roll:
GeordieMa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeordieMa »

8)
Betty just enjoy it.
Ma
Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty »

So long as I have a/c, Ma, I will. 8)
Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Beachbum »

Ugly Betty wrote:So long as I have a/c, Ma, I will. 8)
Tut tut Betty. As a fan of the Al Gore Road Show, I would think you would have considered the huge carbon footprint left by your your air conditioner and consigned it to your local recycling program.
Sweating is good for you.

Don't worry Memor, now that the wheels seem to be falling off the Global Warming freight train, the savvy scientists are jumping on board the latest moneymaker (for them) which is Global Water Shortage.
Look for terms like "Aquifer Degradation" to enter into mainstream parlance like so many of the terms which have come and gone over the last couple of decades.
Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty »

Beachbum wrote:
Ugly Betty wrote:So long as I have a/c, Ma, I will. 8)
Tut tut Betty. As a fan of the Al Gore Road Show, I would think you would have considered the huge carbon footprint left by your your air conditioner and consigned it to your local recycling program.
Sweating is good for you.
You make a fair point, Beachbum. In all honesty, I don't care for a/c as it makes me ache. But I do my bit for the environment as I can by recycling, not using chemical fertilizers, composting, driving only when needed and combining trips, using long-life lightbulbs, and by setting my a/c - when it's particularly warm - at 80F. Normally I wouldn't even have it on this time of year, but with the 90+ temps and high humidity; well, while sweating may be good for me, I can only do much of that. Admittedly, I handle the cold a lot better than the heat. :oops:
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

:lol: :lol:
Let's see what trouble i stir up here. :lol: :wink:

I use my car to go just about everywhere and I don't care-no public transport for me unless I have to. When it is cold, I turn on the heater and if it gets hot, on goes the aircon because I don't want to be one of those statistics you hear about -people who d*e of heat stroke etc
I enjoy a hot shower daily and I don't put a bucket in the shower to collect the water.
When I shop, I like to get a few plastic bags, I use them around the house, plus I figure my money pays for them in the grocery price, it has already been built in.
I figure that at my age, everything should last long enough for my lifetime so I may as well enjoy it all and let someone else worry about it when i am gone.
But I do my bit, don't worry about that. Some long life globes and also I do not wash the cars or lawns any more (it is illegal to do so).
In short, I live like a politician. Only without the fancy house and oodles of money. :lol:
Jerry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jerry »

Well said Sherri. Why are people so * keen to mortify themselves for tiny gains (relatively speaking)? Great advances have been made in human comfort. Enjoy them if you are in a position to do so.

I'm not going to do without my store bags: they're very convenient - and I'm not going to tote loads of unsuitable bags there and find I'm one short.

I suppose I 'do my bit' by remaining almost totally inert 24/7 but I don't really care.

I figure that at my age, everything should last long enough for my lifetime so I may as well enjoy it all and let someone else worry about it when i am gone.

I concur.
http://www.myersnorth.co.uk

Either everybody matters or nobody matters
Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty »

Hahaha, Sherri and Jerry! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

It was a little bit tongue in cheek, I admit that, but I get a bit bemused by people who fly here and there in jet planes, own 3 dozen homes etc then say they delete their carbon footprints by paying to plant 3 trees or some such thing.
Either do it and get the technology to cope, or don't do it. All this payback to ease consciences of the rich and heavy users amuses me.
Like Jerry, I am a fairly inert mass most of the time anyway.
:lol:
Mind you, I do think a lot of waste happens and we could/should treat our world a little better but I don't think we can go back to the garden of Eden, technology wise. There was a serpent back then too, anyway.
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Well, we finally got lots of rain thanks to tropical storm Barry. Hurricane season started on 1st of June- and we have already had 2 named storms. Looks like this season will be a busy one.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
Ugly Betty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Ugly Betty »

I'm just glad to see you folks finally got some rain, Elaine. It's one heckuva way to get relief from a drought, though.

Keep the hatches battened down and please stay safe this hurricane season.