teachers

loll
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

teachers

Post by loll »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: what teachers made an impression on you and for what reasons :?:
nelly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by nelly »

mr willis, metal work coz his breathe could strip paint
miss welsh coz she gave me the slipper b4 it was banned
mr fox and miss parker who became mrs miles coz they were my heads of year and i was always in their office
mr metcalfe i remember him for one thing in particular and that was when a lad called christopher broke into his office and shat on his chair!
mr robson "fondly" known as noddy who used to be the brave one who would come out into the firing line of snowballs to protect the little kids
and who would forget miss hails n miss harris with her office full of cats
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Didn't go to King George school, but I hated teachers, all of them, we had a headmaster called Mr Stanley, he was a child hating thug, he had a henchman called Rigby who did the thrashing on stage in front of the whole school, while Stanley looked on and trembled with excitement, he used to sweat and lick his lips, his mouth twitched, he loved it, they would lock him up for it today. One day I was outside of his room sent there by another teacher while he talked to a girl about a man she had met in the nearby woods, I could hear through the door, when it came to my time he was shaking with excitement, I kid you not, I hated teachers. That was early 1960s things have changed thank goodness.
I voted leave

marrasis

Post by marrasis »

hi nelly,i used to go to kingy,what year were u in ? as i remember all those teachers.
nelly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by nelly »

hi marrasis i was there from 81 - 85 same as you (ive already read that somewhere) i also lived whiteleas
marrasis

Post by marrasis »

what street ?
nelly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by nelly »

soane gardens
marrasis

Post by marrasis »

Holder house ? whats your name if thats not cheeky.
nelly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by nelly »

lol no not cheeky i was going to ask you the same thing maybe pm?
marrasis

Post by marrasis »

ok
Cayugawolf
Big Gob
Big Gob

Re: teachers

Post by Cayugawolf »

I was there from the beginning, 1972 when the whole school transfered from the girls high school on Mowbray Road.
Harris wad head, Miss Futter was deputy head.
Mrs Rayson and Miss Alexander (PE) there was another PE teacher who transferred to Redwell (Mrs Mallam?)
Mrs Moyse (French)
Miss Hails (Holy Hails, RE)
Mr Goodwin, Mr Myers (Physics)
Miss Kemp (Geography)
Miss Anderson (Chemistry, also had a sister who also taught chemistry and they were in a Barber Shop choir ad used to practice in the prep room while we were doing practicals!)
Mrs Gedling (maths, was also a guide leader)
Dr Mac, (think taught German was also head of 6th form)
Mrs Huntley (domestic science and needlework….there thats showing my age LOL)
Sheila Graber, Art,
Miss Porthouse (history?)
Miss Minto (can't remember what she taught!)
Clarice Tunnard (english)

thats enough to be going on with!

Lynn
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

Lynn
I am considerably older than you but remember Miss Hails from my days at the Girls Grammar School. My daughter went to King George from 78 to 85 and imagine my surprise when who should I see at parents night but Miss Hails who taught me twenty years previously.Also remember Dr Mac but I did not do German so she never taught me.
Cayugawolf
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Cayugawolf »

It was the same when I went to King George, one of the music teachers…..cant for the life of us remember her name, but Brenda Orwin was the other one!….used to teach my Mam though she didn't go to the High School

Lynn
Bramble
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Bramble »

I was the very first year of Comprehensive…I think Miss Harris had no interest in us, she saw us as potential secondary school. Miss Hails taught me O level RI and I recall her in earlier years disliking hands that went up and telling us we were not windmills! LOL. Brenda Orwin and Sheila Graber were my favourite teachers. Brenda lived not far from me and occasionally I saw her in the garden if I passed by to pass pleasantries to.