Limelites Nightclub

Info on our local pubs & clubs
jase
Big Gob
Big Gob

Limelites

Post by jase »

Limelites quality club my only real memory is getting caught snorting lines of whizz through a focus point in the toilets. Getting thrown out by the doormen and given a good kicking outside! :shock:
marrasis

limelites

Post by marrasis »

You hooligan jase, nowt like the good old days eh :lol:
Betty Boo
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Limelites

Post by Betty Boo »

After being thrown out, did you then head up to Victors, like everybody else did???
village cat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Limelites

Post by village cat »

Betty Boo wrote:After being thrown out, did you then head up to Victors, like everybody else did???
You mean Victims. Always used to be bother there, and I received a smack in the chops once myself.
marrasis

limelites

Post by marrasis »

As drunk as i was i would never go in to victors i just did'nt like the place :)
jase
Big Gob
Big Gob

Limelites

Post by jase »

Victims eh, Ha Ha Never used to go there like always went to lites or oz! From what i remember there was more battles in victors than oz, all the gangsters of shields supposedly went there. :!:
village cat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Limelites

Post by village cat »

jase wrote:Victims eh, Ha Ha Never used to go there like always went to lites or oz! From what i remember there was more battles in victors than oz, all the gangsters of shields supposedly went there. :!:
Some right dodgy bassas. Never failed to kick off. Went to Oz from about 90-94, it was excellent then.
jase
Big Gob
Big Gob

limelites

Post by jase »

Does anyone have any tales about the "d*ug-FUELLED TUNNEL DAYS" :?:
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

Yeap done Limelights, got the Tshirt etc :)
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Yes your right Comumbo, You are getting OLD! :lol: l
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
marrasis

Post by marrasis »

Babooshka wrote:Yeap done Limelights, got the Tshirt etc :)
I'v done Banwells before it was limelights,
condensation dripping in your drink from the ceiling. :shock:
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

Does anyone know if Norman x manager of Limelights ever got married to the girl he was seeing in the 80's called Sharon??
para-wings
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by para-wings »

Colombo wrote:To be honest though all nightclubs are pretty cr*p. Too noisy to chat, too busy to get a drink, too expensive to get a drink, cra*p drink once you got it, too much to get in, too much grief once you were in, and too many cra*p Bouncers.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'd rather have a late drink in a pub and go for a curry where only the point marked in red applied! (Except when idiots who can't hold their drink also turn up). :!: :5headache:
I totally agree with you Columbo. As Jim says, we're just getting old! Mind you, I've never drank in Shields for years. I go to Newcastle now. Much more variety of bars and you can have a drink til all hours without hitting a nightclub. My regular drinking days in Shields was in the late 80's. I used to go in Limelights alot, but more often than not, I went to the Chelsea Cat which I thought was much better. As for Victors, well, went a few times, never saw trouble, but thought it was way overrated and had no atmosphere.
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

Babooska, hello.. im Normans sister i law, and to reply to your question,about him and Sharon,, sadley they parted a long time ago,,after setting up WizzPrint,,it all went down hill..but they have a lovley Daughter called Abby.. Norman and Sharon are still friends but both have diffrent partners now,,Norman married Sara, she is a lovley lass..they make a real nice couple,,and also have a son,,he is lush..... can you remeber Normans sister Sandra,she worked at Limlites for a while,, sadly we lost her ,,she died aged 36.. totaly devistated the whole family.. she was like a sister to me ,,she is still deeply missed..... hope i filled you in on what you wanted to know..take care...... :wink:
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

Anna thanks for that snippet of information.

S.T.E.F. has The Shoreline ever been considerd posh or have you never been outa South Shields?? :lol: :roll: :lol:
miss terious
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by miss terious »

OMG Limelights the best nightclub ever! Met my OH there in 93.....sad to see it go :( , and now obviously the building's not even there now lol